trans and diff fluids

Forgive me please for asking for a revote...

A seemingly well-informed member of this list said that I should add
anti-slip additive to the differential in my manual '92 325i (I think it
was the diff if not trans).

My dealer says, "no."  Although I do trust my dealer, I also trust the
objectivity of all of you.

According to my manual:  MT gets Dextron II, non-hypoid oil; and the
diff gets 1.8 qt of hypoid gear oil.

Finally, is there a filter in the trans that also needs
replacement--I've heard of this on this list, but no mention in the
manual or in the Roundel which featured an article years ago on how to
do a trans fluid change.

Sorry for beating a dead horse, but I want my horse to be around for my
kids in 20 years!

Cordially,

Doug in NJ