RE: New member

Rik,

I envy you, we in America only received the 524td while a quite competent
car in it's own right
it was released after our fuel shortages ended and never took off and was
canceled after only 2 years
with our recent increase in fuel prices (through taxation and supply
problems) I see a future
for some of the wunderbar D cars in the USA,  for now we are stuck with the
diesel VW's
mind you are quite decent cars, but not quite performance oriented

congratulations on the 8 series, a wonderful car the gas(petrol) engine
should be fine
for 300,000 miles (400,000 km?) if maintained properly, I have had several
high mileage BMW's
and except for a small oil consumption problem on all of them, they ran like
new till I eventually
got rid of them.  the American market did not take to the 8 series since
it's design is focused
around autobahn cruising in comfort and style, in the land of 55 miles per
hour it was merely a status
symbol..

I wish you the best of luck, feel free to look me up if you ever come to
America,
I am currently without BMW, I have been smitten by the Subaru WRX and I had
to sell my Z3
to save up the monies to afford it.. but for the last 9 years I have been a
BMW nut.
and have written countless letters asking BMW to bring back the diesel to
"the states"
but auto regulation is very tough that is why the WRX is the first turbo
Subaru we have
gotten in over 10 years..

good luck
Jeff Lloyd