Hoorah! Porterfield makes less dusty pads for E38 owners! Let us rejoice.

It's me again... no, I'm not considering Kleen Wheels anymore.  BUT, E38
owners, rejoice!  Thanks to a tip from Jim Parsons (from the digest - Thanks
Jim!) I called Portefield at 1-800-537-6842 and they sell, according to
their site "The Original Carbon Kevlar Racking Brake Pad".  I talked to
Jackie and she told me alot - these pads work at a higher friction level and
a higher temperature limit than the standard OEM pads.  She said, and I
quote "little to no dust or squeal!"  Heaven..... I'm in heaven......  She
said a normal pad is .025 friction level, but theirs are .04 friction
level - much better, she said.... I guess.  It's all Greek to me.  She said
they put a groove in it to cool the pads down, so there's no chance of them
warping the rotors.  They are the street version, carbon kevlar high
performance pads.
R4S  AP 681 fronts $169 discounted down to $135.20 if you mention the BMW
digest!
         AP 683 rears  $119     "            "        "   $95.20   "     "
"        "      "         "      !
                               $243.90 total - if you want them both
delivered to your door (in Maryland at least).

So, what do you think?  Any lurking E38 (95-2000 740i) owners out there
using these?  ANYONE using these Porterfield street pads?  Your advice would
be appreciated as always.

Time to clean the car!  Our first rain free day in a while.
Steve Robinson
95 740i me
95 540i her
88 911  my inner child