question about California Emissions on a M Coupe

Hi I am looking at buying a '99 - '00 Z3 M-series
Coupe.  I was wondering if anyone knew if there was
any additional emissions packages added to California
cars.  I hope to puchase the car in CA, but I have
found some in other states as well.  I don't want to
end up trying to smog it in CA and find out it will
need $3500 worth of emission gunk added to make it
pass.

If anyone knows who might be the best person to ask
that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for any help.

/\/athaniel
http://shopping.yahoo.com/