Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 22:50:01 -0500
From: Bil Powell <wyldbil@domain.elided>
Subject: Clutch Weirdness???

> Hello Digesters-

The clutch and pedal on my '85 535i are doing something very odd. When the
car is cold (yes,
it goes away after warmup) the clutch pedal wants to stay at, or close to,
the floor. I have
to pull the pedal back up with the top of my foot. As an added measure of
weirdness, sometimes
when it sticks close to the floor, I become unable to floor the pedal and
take it out of gear,
and the car even begins to creep forward (as though the pedal had been
released) with the
pedal fully depressed. I then have to put my toes UNDER the pedal, pull it
fully out, and THEN
depress it to get the gear released. What is broken here? Anyone?

TIA- Bil
'85 535i (oops! you knew that!

- --
Ted Crum