Fluctuating idle.

Hi fellow BMW owners,

 I am hoping someone can help me diagnose the problem I'm having with
my 85 528e. The idle fluctuates from 800 to 1400 rpm in a constant
pattern.
It seems to get worse as the engine warms up. I also have a hesitation
problem, whenever I start to accelerate the engine will hesitate like
it is going to stall, until I ease off the accelerator. I have replaced
the in tank fuel pump, it had no effect at all. Is it the idle control
module? The ECU unit? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Lee Mullican
http://shopping.yahoo.com/