Re: Sunroof rattle/adjustment

 Norm writes:

<< I've got an '85 E30 325e with a sunroof "rumble" when going
 over bumps.  Is simple adjustment required, or is it likely
 that the seals need replacing (its old, and I'm guessing
 the seals have lost any "cushiness" that they had when new).

I doubt the seals would cause a rattle(rumble?), although I suppose the panel
could hit the inside opening if the seals are totally gone. You need to check
the adjustment screws under the panel where the skin attaches to the
mechanism.

If memory serves, the only way to gain access is to pop down the front clip
on the headliner of the panel and slide it to the rear thus exposing the
mechanism....you may also have some rust in there...very common (but
hidden)...sometimes the rust can totally sever the metal clip on the
panel....leaving it loose...this could be causing the rattle as well.

Good luck and feel free to e-mail if you need further assistance (with my
directions<g>).

John Weese
BMW CCA #76646
Landisville, PA