E36 digital climate control: intermittent power

Hello,

I have a 1997 BMW 328i (E36) with a digital climate control panel.
While fiddling around under the dash in preparation for installing an
aftermarket alarm, I may have inadvertantly bumped something and caused
a disconnect / short in the climate control power wiring.  All fuses are
fine.  The climate control panel only works (lights up) intermittently.
Sometimes the display is extremely dim (and inoperable).  All of this
suggests to me that there's a loose power connection to the panel.
I have removed the glove compartment and performed "wiggle tests" of all
the visible wire harnesses, but no luck.  I'd like to be able to remove
the digital climate control panel from the dash (to check its connection
and to locate the correct wires), but I've been unable to do so (Haynes
manual is useless).  Does anyone know how to remove the panel from the
dash?

On a related note, anyone know where I can buy an E36 Bentley manual in
Ottawa Canada?

Brett