Re: E30 Brake Problems

I don't remember if you said you replaced the rotors, but a rotor that is not
perfectly straight will push the pad and piston in while rotating, not a lot but
just enough to require more pedal movement (more fluid displacement) to seat the
pad on the rotors. Find a dial indicator and check the runout.  Another thing
that happened to me on an early 300ZX. I had the same problem as you do. The
problem was coming from one pin that holds the caliper to the bracket, it was
rusted and one end of the caliper was not moving in, only the other end was free
to move. Put new pins in and the brakes were as good as new.
Hope this helps.

Michel Drainville
91 318ic

Robert Phelan wrote:

<<I have a bit of a problem with the brakes on my 325es (1986)   The pedal
travels a significant ammount before engaging the brakes to any degree.
Then finally when you do get it near the bottom of it's range the pedal
feedback is very squishy, and travels further than I think it should.>>
- - --Snip--
<>