Re: E36 Transmission Question

> Serge,

I've been told it's just one of those trademark E36 gliches that happens now and then, like the fuel gauge
not working right after fuel up, or my credit card being maxed out with new M3 parts. I very rarely get it,
but now it's a impulse reaction to try 2nd if 1st wont give.

Jay
'95 M3

> Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 16:17:42 -0500
> From: "Serge Maillet" <serge.maillet@domain.elided>
> Subject: E36 Transmission Question
>
> Hi all,
>
> Last week I purchased my first BMW so my knowledge is a bit limited at this
> point. I now own a 1997 BMW 328i with M package with 50k miles. Whenever I'm
> at a stand-still and I try to put the car into 1st gear, it's very difficult
> to slide in the gear. However, if I'm moving 3-5 MPH it goes in 1st no
> problem. There is no syncro/gear grinding whatsoever. If I put it in 2nd gear
> first, then into 1st it goes in just fine. Do you guys think that this could
> be a serious problem? I have no idea where to start looking and I can't afford
> the $80+ /hour for the BMW dealer to find the problem (if any). Any advice /
> suggestions would be tremendously appreciated!!! Thanks in advance!
>
> Serge Maillet
> 1997 BMW 328i

[demime 0.97b removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of jmiller.vcf]