HELP GET ME OUT

I bought a 1986 BMW 325es for my daughter 1 1/2 years ago with a
reconstructed title (front right had been hit, but fixed well). for
$2,000.00.  Book on it was about $6,000.00 according to blue book.  Hope
it would serve as reliable local transportation for her.

Well, one power steering rack ($900.00), two transmission rebuilds
($2,000.00), new wiring harness and rotor cap ($450.00), new timing belt
($100), and $800.00 more of work on it, later, I am readt to say:
"enough".  I have $6,000.00 in it and will be lucky to recover
$2,500.00, I bet.  The transmission cost $1,500.00 to rebuild the first
time with a one year warranty.  Two weeks past this warranty, it went
out again.  It is presently being rebuilt again, and will have another
one year warranty on it.

Car is tight, no rust, interior is nice, has almost new Toyo tires,
drives nice, and has had a hell of a lot of the mechanics replaced
already.  However, my wife and my daughters no longer trust it, and I
must say I don't either, at least for two young female drivers to go any
distance.  Probably a bit more work would fix it up nicely, but enough
is enough.

I will cut my losses, and my biggest goof ever at buying cars.  Anyone
have any idea what this may be worth to someone wanting a nice car and
willing to put a bit of work into it.  I hate to think it is worth more
to part it out, than to sell whole, but it may get to that.  For someone
willing to do some work, the present owner, me, has already poured the
first big batch of money into it.

The car is in Pennsylvania 50 miles South of Harrisburg.

mike