need advice for 325ix purchase

Hi all,

I just recently rejoined the BMW Digest. Alas, I sold my E30 318 (it now
lives in Bulgaria) and bought a Mini Cooper... It's still a BMW though! I
might also mention that I am in Switzerland...

Anywho, I am now looking to purchase an E30 325ix Break (break means
touring/wagon over here) as the snow will be quickly upon us and I am often
in the Alps / Jura mountains

Can anyone help me as to what to watch out for? Body rust? mechanical
problems etc? My 318 rusted on the shocktowers and the wheel arches, does
the 325ix have the same problems? Any problems with the diff on the ix?

Any advice and words of wisdom are welcome...

TIA,

Mark
mark@domain.elided

1992 Mini Cooper - 68 hp, 12" wheels

Upside: fun as hell to drive (when empty)
easy as hell to park
best handling car I have ever driven (it embarasses E36 M3s in the corners).
40mpg
Paid $4000.
Insurance: $400 a year
Impossible to get a speeding ticket
Women love it (ooooh... it's so cute!)
It's a BMW (sorta)

Downside: Lucas, Prince of Darkness,
It's English (ever tried to work on a Mini?)
Lucas, Prince of Darkness,
Embarassed by the E36 M3s in the straights
Lucas, Prince of Darkness,
68 hp, 95mph top speed
Lucas, Prince of Darkness,
4 speed