Re: Considering buying E34 Touring - Questions

>>I'm looking at a '93 525iT with 85k miles on >snip<
>>
>>What is the going rate for whatever exhaust componants are likely to need
>>replacement? Coils? He also mentioned that the leather on the rear doors had
>>gotten hot and shrunk. I'm not sure what this means, but I'm curious if
>>anyone
>>on the list has had any experience with this phenomena.

	I am the second owner of a 1992 525i with about 80,000 miles on it.

	So far I have replaced the battery (after 7 years!) and the
alternator (also after 7 years).  That's it.  I have the records from the
previous owner; only thing major she replaced were the tires.

	It has been a trouble-free, delightful, but somewhat underpowered
car to drive.  My other car is a 96 328i, also purchased used.  I would
have been happier with the power the 525 had _if_  I had not purchased the
328i. :->

	Good luck,
	Bob G.