Considering buying E34 Touring - Questions

I'm looking at a '93 525iT with 85k miles on it later this week that and I
have a couple of questions based on my initial conversation with the current
owner. Specifically, I told him that I used to own a '92 wagon and was aware
that both the muffler and and coils went out around 70k miles. He mentioned
that the muffler was kind of loud inside the car and that he's replaced a
couple of coils to date. (Interestingly, he's a mechanic at a pretty
well-respected German car shop who bought the car from his parents.)

What is the going rate for whatever exhaust componants are likely to need
replacement? Coils? He also mentioned that the leather on the rear doors had
gotten hot and shrunk. I'm not sure what this means, but I'm curious if
anyone on the list has had any experience with this phenomena.

Any other things that I should be looking at/for with this car? Known
problems? Idiosyncracies? I sold my car at 85k miles a couple of years ago,
and I'm not sure what to look for in the way of suspension deterioration.
Are there any specific componants that I should be having my mechanic
evaluate?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Looking forward to rejoining the fold,

John Byrne