Re: '87 325i conv. parts

Recently bought an '87 325i conv that had a brand new top put on it just
before I got it.  Rained real hard the other night and leaked around the
windshield.  I was advised that when putting a new top on, the weather
stripping around the windshield should also have been replaced.  That
apparently wasn't done.  I'd like to have it done, but need to know if
there are options as to where to get what are typically dealer-only
parts.  The shop that was recommended to me said it would be about $225
for the weather stripping (buying from the dealer).  I have some other
parts needs, such as the hydraulic shocks that keep the trunk and
convertible cover open.  $90 seems a little high for those little guys.
Anyway, are there places that sell these and other items for more
reasonable prices?  Thanks for any help.

Steve