RE: e30 water in trunk

jjweese [mailto:jjweese@domain.elided] wrote:

> I am getting water in the trunk of my e30, but only down on
> the side where the jack and tire block go.  I'm getting a
> good couple inches down in there.  The rest of the trunk
> isn't wet at all, so I know it's not the tail light caskets
> that need replaced.  I've sucked it out a few times with a
> shop vac, but it comes right back.  No idea what's causing
> the problem.

Justin,
Check your rear sunroof drains: the black rubber hoses that channel the
water from the sunroof cassette out through the side bumper mounts (you may
have to remove the side trunk liner to see them). Chances are your driver
side hose got disconnected and is dumping the water into the jack well.

good luck,
alex f