Re: E30 water in trunk

Justin,

First let me say I HATE water leaks! Whew. OK, I feel better now ;)

I had this problem when I purchased my 1989 325iX. To fix it do the
following...

 - purchase a new antenna grommet
 - pull away the carpet from the D/S of the car
 - disconnect everything from the antenna
 - pull down on the antenna
 - pull out the old antenna grommet
   Note: When it is out you will probably see a crack running from
         top to bottom. You probably will not be able to see the
         crack while the antenna is in the grommet. At least I could
         not, YMMV.
 - put the antenna through the hole
 - slide the new grommet on the antenna and lock it in place
 - lube the grommet and push it and the antenna back into place in
   the hole.
   Note: I was unable to put the grommet in the hole and then push
         the antenna in place. Fit was way too tight. Again, YMMV.
 - reassemble everything else.

HTH.

Stephen
http://www.b-t-g.com

- --- bmw-digest <owner-bmw-digest@domain.elided> wrote:

> Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 23:26:56 -0400
> From: jjweese <jjweese@domain.elided>
> Subject: e30 water in trunk
>
> I am getting water in the trunk of my e30, but only down on the side
> where the jack and tire block go.  I'm getting a good couple inches
> down in there. The rest of the trunk isn't wet at all, so I know
> it's not the tail light caskets that need replaced.
<snip>
http://mail.yahoo.com/