e30 water in trunk

I am getting water in the trunk of my e30, but only down on the side where the
jack and tire block go.  I'm getting a good couple inches down in there.  The
rest of the trunk isn't wet at all, so I know it's not the tail light caskets
that need replaced.  I've sucked it out a few times with a shop vac, but it
comes right back.  No idea what's causing the problem.  If anyone has
experienced this or has any suggestions for me, I would greatly appreciate it!
 Thanks!

- -Justin Weese
 '86 325es