Re: WTB E30 alternator

Dave wrote:
<<My girlfriend's 325es had a minor set back this weekend. Found out the
alternator isn't putting out any juice.

Anybody have a used one they're willing to sell? She's a student and doesn't
have a bunch of cash lying around (our shop quoted almost $300 for a new
alternator!). We're hoping to pay between $70-100.

Thanks in advance!

Dave
'94 325ic>>

    Have you tried testing the alt (or having it done by an auto parts/auto
electric shop)?  All it may need is new brushes; her car is old enough that
it's certainly possible.  My Caravan's alt recently "died"-- I bought new
brushes for *80 cents* and will be replacing them tonight.  Granted, it's a
minivan and not a Bimmer, but most alternators have replaceable brushes.

    Even if you have a shop do it, it's prolly cheaper than a new or even
used alt.

Good luck and happy alternating,
Gary

88 535is