Final drive (rear end) lubricant

I have a 1997 1.9 Z3.  Bentley's BMW Z3 Roadster Service manual states that
"the final drive (rear end) should be filled with a special BMW lubricant
available through an authroized BMW dealer".  I went to the parts department
of our local BMW dealer and was told the smallest quantity they could sell me
was a 5 gallon container.  A local Express Oil Change shop stated that the
recommended fluid is Castrol SAFX-LS for limited a slip differential.  What is
the correct fluid to use?
Thanks!
Larry