Diesel crank in 2.7l M20

Hello,

I want to build a high compression (10:1) "low cost" 2.7l M20 engine:

following plan:

325i/e block
325i pistons
325i head with Schrick cam, 325i intake, Alpina B3 2.7 chip
323i/eta con rods
milling down the block for 2 - 2.5mm to rise CR and compensate the shorter
(130mm) con rods
repositioned cam gear to compensate the new block height
Diesel 524td crank

Q: I was told the diesel crank is too heavy and has to be reworked
(lightened and ballanced) for that use.
    This is what Alpina also did.
    Has anyone out there used a non reworked diesel crank in their engines -
experiences?

I want to rev the engine to max 6200rpm - is there a need for the diesel
crank or will the eta crank also do
the job (no races, just street driving)

Regards

Horst