E34 525i (1990) Suspension Kit

I am in the midst of changing my shock absorbers to Koni Sport Adjustable
for my 90 E34 525i (12 valve) and
was wondering if anyone knows if the Koni's can be used with Bilstein Sport
Springs. I am currently using
Bilstein Sport Suspension (Spring and Shocks) and I find the ride too harsh
and want to try Koni's. Can the Bilstein
Spring I have now be used with the Koni Sport Shocks?. Will this be a good
combination or is there a recommended
combination of shocks and springs for the Koni's?.

For those whom is using Koni's on their E34's, can I get an opinion on how
is the ride quality and the handling. I
am thinking of setting the Koni's to soft setting once I get them on coz
around where I am there r heaps of potholes
and a stiff suspension really makes a harsh ride. Not to mention more easily
dented alloy rims!.

Any opinions/recommendations appreciated. TIA.

Eugene Hoe
E34 525i (1990)