Re: Speedo error

>>Perhaps North American BMW's are. The instrument clusters in European models
>>tend to be more accurate, a 2% error being typical. They also have a
>>functional rear foglight indicator, if you happen to be weird and like to be
>>seen in the fog. If you can get your hands on one, a European cluster will
>>"code" for a U.S. car, though I am told the oil temperature gauge will show
>>fuel consumption instead.

John -

	Clearly you've never driven in real fog.  I lived in Belgium for
three years and only then did I understand what fog lights were
for...including that big fog light in the back.  I have been driving when
all I could see was two white center lane markings ahead.  And, if you
drive fast in the fog, which some Europeans seem to like to do, they'll
smash right into the car in front of them if they rely on seeing their
normal tail lights.  That big fog light in back is all that will keep some
a...hole from rear ending you in the fog in Europes.

	Cheers,
	Seeker