1987 325 (eta) Repair Help Needed

In the move from my apartment to my new house I have misplaced my Bentley's
Manual.  I am hoping someone can shed some light on my current predicament.

Has anyone ever had the small 1/2 hose nipple break off of the thermostat
housing?

I found a replacement thermostat housing and I am inthe process of removing
the old thermostat housing.  I have removed all hoses, wires, and one
critical sensor.  The thermostat and cover are removed from the housing.
The thermostat housing retaining nutes have been removed.  The next step
should be an easy one:  Slide the thermostat housing of the bolts (rails)
and throw it away.  However the fuel rail is in the way from sliding the
thermostat housing off.  I am not sure if I am supposed to remove the studs
themselves (and a recommended method) or if I am supposed to remove the fuel
rail which appears to involve removing the intake manifold.

My other options include cutting or bending the studs and replacing them
later, however that does not seem to be a sound mechanic's process.

Has anyone else run into this problem?  What is my next step?  If possible
please reply via email,  thanks for the time.

- -Scott Olson
me@domain.elided
scottolson@domain.elided
1987 325