RE: <RANT>

Michael Ting [mailto:lupin@domain.elided] wrote:

> I can't believe that some people actually think that BMW is
> a label only, good for nothing, luxury car. And these people
> actually owns "performance" cars like the 5.0 mustangs and
> such. I think they're confusing themselves with Mercedes Benz.
>
> Is there a website on the internet that lists BMW's
> achievements in racing and road cars over the years?? I want
> to show them that BMW has always been performance first.

Michael,
I don't know what "these people actually owns", but your are in for a world
of hurt if you intend to prove that Mercedes has a lesser Motorsports
heritage then BMW. And yes, 99% of the general public (98% of BMWCCA
members) buy a BMW as a luxury car.
If you want to learn more about BMW M heritage, I suggest you buy some of
Jeremy Walton's books. "Unbeatable Bmw : Eighty Years of Engineering and
Motorsport Success " would be a good start.
Still, Mercedes marquee has one hell of a racing heritage that is in another
league altogether.

> Hell, someone even thinks that the Z8 is only an overbloated Miata.

They might very well be right.
Add "over-priced" and "supply rationed" to that as well.

alex f