Favorite Race Track

>...you guys race your BMW or any other car on the
racetrack....

Geez...2 faux pas in one line...  ;')  How's about
gals and motorcycles?!?!?!?!?   ;'o!

>What track, specifically the favorite, have you race
>on?

My racing days are long behind me...and were done on
motorcycles.  However, I can share personal opinions
on several, and personal experience on one in
particular.

First - Favorite Track is Road America, about an hour
NNW of Milwaukee, Wisconsin.  <www.roadamerica.com>

>What is your favorite corner, preferably, or point on
>the track?

Geez, where to start?  The entire facility is first
rate, with the food rated "Best Track Food in North
America" several years running.  The track is a 4-mile
course, running through the picturesque Wisconsin
countryside.  It must be seen to be believed!

As far as favorite corner(s), they are in no
particular order: the entire section called "Hurry
Downs" <down the hill into an off-camber fairly
high-speed right hander, followed by> -> the turn
before the carousel(turn 6) <a 90 degree or a little
sharper turn> coming out of the Carousel at the kink
(turn 11) <once you get used to it, it's a blast!> and
going into Kettle Bottoms <a nice sweeping curve
through the woods>, the combination of "Canada Corner"
<stand on the brakes, dive right, and nail it!> and
"Thunder Alley" <the sound echoing up the hill> up and
under the "Billy Mitchell Bridge" <yee ha>,  they're
all great!

As a spectator, the best vantage is on the south side
of turn 7, where you can watch the "Hurry Downs" area,
into the Carousel.  There are bleachers there, along
with an excellent food vendor.  Another great vantage
is the area called "Hospitality Deck", overlooking
turn 5, also referred to (but not listed) as Corvette
Corner.

>Do you have a picture of that track, or a website?

I have _many_ pictures of that track, enough to fill
several photo albums!

http://www.roadamerica.com - IMNSHO, the best road
course in North America!

Michael Menard