Re: Wheels/tires for '88 535is

   Bill;
      Since my first note to you,I have been offered a set(4) of Antera
3-spoke 17x8.5" rims.They are duplicates of the rims I am currently running
on my '85 535i street car.These rims only easily fit E28's if the car HAS
NOT been lowered.
      I run 235/45/17 tires,which are actually a bit large(my set was
originally from my E34 535i,before I sold it to purchase a condo),and
require rolling the rear fenders.
      If your car is lowered,you need to use 225/45/17 tires with these
wheels,similar size to some early E36 M3's, which weigh  more than the E28 5
series cars.
      This is the absolute LARGEST wheel that will work,and many E28's can't
use more than a 17X8.0 wheel,due to modifications.
      I mention them because I can get all four for only $275 plus S&H,and
thought,like me,you might be attracted to the price and size.

      They won't last long,only having been put up for sale thru me this
afternoon.If you have any interest,mail me back as soon as is convenient.

      Also,I still need to know which model and year of wheels you currently
have,in order to help sell them if possible.I often come across people
looking for accessories,wheels and tires especially.
                           Hope this helps somewhat....

                                o/______\o "RA"/Bob G.
                                (Oo=00=oO)
                                []=****=[]

>From: Im4BMW@domain.elided
>To: bmw@domain.elided
>Subject: Re: Wheels/tires for '88 535is
>Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2000 20:26:02 EDT
>
>Bill,
>
>In a message dated 8/19/00 5:46:24 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
>owner-bmw-digest@domain.elided writes:
>
><< Anyone know where I can get 16" or 17" rims for less than $150 each that
>  will fit a 535is?

  <snip>