Re: Odometer Help

The problem is the plastic gears.  Usually the small pinion gear that is on
the shaft from a stepper motor that drives the odometer.  I have found a
gear that will replace this and have successfully done it on my car and some
friends.  We made up a written procedure that I think is easy to follow.
The problem is that in addition to the small pinion gear, the gear that it
meshes with, which is larger and dark in color, has a tendency to loose
teeth as well.  I don't have a solution for this yet except buying a junk
cluster and hope the parts you need are salvageable.

If you want a gear or other info contact me direct.

Al Halpern
87 535is, 98 540i sport