Re: <E36> Brake Light Circuit msg on OBC

>>My 1994 325is, which I acquired about 3 months ago, has an intermittent
>>message on the OBC which reads "Brake Light Circuit." I have checked all the
>>bulbs, connectors at the rear and at the switch. The car has had the new
>>brake
>>light switch incorporated per a bulletin. Looked at Bentley manual but I
>>can't
>>figure out what to look for with the above mentioned message. Sometimes I
>>can
>>go for a week or more before it appears and then it may happen daily. Any
>>ideas would be appreciated.
>>
>>Georg <tfam@domain.elided> 87 535is aka "MOCK 5" 94 325is

Georg -

	Although I cannot attest to the accuracy of this info, I once saw
posted on the Digest the observation that not using sub-standard bulbs,
i.e. bulbs not purchased from BMW, might - repeat - might be the cause of
this message.

	I have the same message appear, but only in the winter (Wash, D.C.
area).  Once it gets warm again, it disappears.  Will be interested to see
if it reappears this winter again.

	Seeker