<E30> Stalling

I'm seeking some collective wisdom regarding a stalling problem that is =
becoming more pronounced on my '86 325.

Last October, I finally had the original ICV and O2 sensor replaced to =
correct a surging idle that seemed to occur only during cold months (i.e., =
temperature below 40 degrees Fahrenheit).  Up until these replacements, =
the RPM's would rapidly cycle between 700 and 1,600.  Now, the idle is =
significantly improved, but not perfectly steady: it fluctuates between =
700 and 800 RPMs regardless of outside temperature and maybe between 700 =
and 900 RPMs when the A/C is engaged.  I can live with this.  However, my =
main problem is that the engine now stalls in very humid weather when the =
A/C is on.  Specifically, if I'm driving along with the A/C on and the =
RPMs up around normal cruising range (approx. 2,000) and then I disengage =
the clutch to come to a stop, the engine will quite often stall.  On rare =
occasions, it will drop to around 400 RPMs and then recover to a normal =
idle.  If, on the other hand, I can anticipate my stop to the point where =
I can bring the RPMs down more slowly before disengaging the clutch, then =
I can minimize the stalling.  Again, these symptoms drastically decrease =
as the humidity becomes lower and/or as the A/C is not on.

Is there an adjustment that needs to be made to the ICV? Is the O2 sensor =
bad?  Please note also that the original ICM is still installed.  The =
mechanic who replaced the ICV and O2 sensor for me is very competent.  His =
original advice was to delay replacing the ICM until we could be sure that =
it is contributing to this situation since this is a rather expensive and =
non-returnable component.  I'm attempting to diagnose the most likely =
cause of my stalling before I commit to a new ICM.

I'd appreciate any advice anyone can offer. =20

Thanks in advance,

David