Re : M roadster airbag disabling

Jeff -

tho I have not looked into doing this deeply, it can be done.

look at the thread below from the bimmer.org Z3 message board, all the details are there :

http://www.bimmer.org/z3/messages/archive/msgsy1999w21/81983.html

it appears that you have to have a few things in line :

1) legal paperwork from NHTSA that you sign that absolves the delaer & BMW of future fault from removing the airbag.  this is easy, just fill out the blanks apparently.

2) a dealer who will agree to do the modification.  finding this might be difficult, as it was for hte poster from the message board, but can be done.

3) the BMW specific kit with the cut-off switch & wiring in it, which requires 1 & 2 to be able to get it from BMW.

Ben Keyes
'99 M coupe - both bags still on - no little people to carry around.