Questions about selling my BMW

I have a 1993 BMW 318iS Automatic which I would like to sell. I am
interested in purchasing either a brand new or a certified-used BMW (no
older than 1997 or 98). Considering the sale of my car has raised a few
questions which I thought I would pose to others on the list who may
have had experience with selling used BMWs.

My car is in what I would describe as "fair" condition (I am the second
owner and have owned the car three years). It has a few minor dents and
noticeable light scratches on the finish. It has severe wear (almost
like a hole) in an area about the size of silver dollar in the carpet
right in front of the driver's seat (it looks like a high heel may have
done the damage over an extended period of time). Mechanically it runs
fine although there is a minute oil leak near the front of the engine.
It also needs some electrical work, for example some of the lights are
out in the dashboard. The mileage is pretty good for a '93 as it has
only just reached 70,000. And there is one oddity in that the first
owner installed a Hirschmann retractable antenna in the left rear
fender.

My concerns include:

(1) Should I attempt to fix all the problems before selling it or would
it be difficult for me to recoup the money I spend on repairs in my
asking price?
(2) How does one go about determining a fair price?
(3) Would anyone recommend trading in the car rather than attempting to
sell it on my own?

Thanks for the help.

Bill Fleitz