Re: tire warpage

I don't rotate tyres, because it can cause them to wear faster. If they are
wearing unevenly, then there is an alignment issue somewhere. If you have a
super lowered car, and ypour tyres are wearing unevenly, then you won't want
to rotate them, because you'll surely be after maximum performance, so
you'll want new tyres if the tread is worn some.

A tyre will "warp" if the belts in the tyre break, or separate from the
carcass of the tyre, in which case there will be a buldge in the tread. This
is likely to happen from underinflation (heat build up/ and mechanical
damage) or from hitting ojects - kerbs/potholes. Not rotating tyres does NOT
cause this damage.

If it is worn on funny angles *and* there are rises and falls in the tread
(not caused by lock-up), there is a balance problem at least, and probably
an allignment issue.

It is often better to not rotate your tyres, and replace them in pairs as
they wear out. Brand new on the back (in a rear drive car) and the good used
ones on the front (this may mean moving them up from the back. The reason I
say best on the back, is because you'll need it in an E30 for sure, because
of the twitchy rear end. Put the good ones on the front if you'd prefer
better stopping power (maybe you drive city/freeway alot).

Sounds like they should be up for one new tyre at least... maybe if the
other are worn, you can argue that it will cause problems... maybe they can
offer you the other at a discounted price.

Good Luck!
Allan.