Re: Camaro SS vs. 95 M3

>   I must say I'm very disappointed and embarassed. This weekend I got
>   smoked  by a Camaro SS (in my all so powerful Dinan chipped95 m3) from
> a stand still  at a red light(made me look like I was in reverse).

What made you think you could take him?  M3s are not stoplight racers.

>   If I understand correctly the regular upgrades (chip, intake, maf
>   sensor)  does nothing to improve your take off from a stand still you
> only start to  feel the improvement in the upper gears. Can anyone out
> there tell me if  there is anything I can do to improve this part of my
> car's performance,  besides the $$$$ upgrades of getting a supercharger
> or turbo?

What else are you willing to trade off?  You want to build a
stoplight-racer M3, go ahead - pull the interior out and throw it in a
dumpster, rip out the air conditioning and power everything, gut the
bumpers, pull and scrape all the sound insulation out, swap down to smaller
E36 brakes, replace the side glass with thin Lexan, etc - get the weight
down.  Then you'll need a ton of rearend gear, leaving you with a 5th-gear
freeway cruising RPM up around 4000.

Oh, that doesn't sound very appealing?   It's what the Honda crowd does.

> I determined  to make sure this does not happen again, at least
> not by a Chevy.

You can spend $20K in mods and still get spanked by (nearly) stock Camaros
and (completely) stock Corvettes.

John.