Smoked by A Small Block!

"I got smoked
by a Camaro SS (in my all so powerful Dinan chipped95 m3) from a stand still
at a red light(made me look like I was in reverse). "

Son, there's NO substitute for cubic inches!

You can buy as many chips, exhaust systems,  air boxes as you want,  bolt
about anything on that you can,  but without a lower axle ratio
differential, a super charger, or nitrous,  its gonna be a tough battle.
And if he starts spending money on parts such as shift kits, high stall
converters, trans brakes, exhaust systems,  traction bars, cams, nitrous,
blowers,  (which he may already have) you will be once again,  smelling
burnt rubber, and looking at taillights.  He too can buy a chip. Take a look
at http://www.summitracing.com/ if you want to get a clear idea what you are
up against in the drag race department, and DON'T agree to drag race for
"Pink Slips"  or you WILL be walking!

Detroit has been making 1/4 mile cars a long time.  An automatic, with a low
rear end ratio, and a port fuel injected 5.7 litre engine is a moving
machine.

I'm not sure what the 1/4 mile times of the SS Camaro are, but I think you
would need a lot of modification to beat him off the line.

Try taking him into a corner at speed..or better yet, through two or three
corners where you need to get the binders REAL hot!!!! Try a corner, off
camber, with a couple of frost heaves in the middle of it!  That would be
entertaining.

Dave Leonard  (closet Chevy fan)

End of bmw-digest V9 #1546