The Great Brake Debate

List

First, thanks to all who E-mailed with all the great suggestions!  I and
going to start hunting for the oil leak this week.

The debate I am wishing to start is involving the replacement of all four
corners pads and rotors on my 1987 528e.  What brand should I use?  Normal,
vented, cross drilled?  This is a completely stock vehicle as of now.  Where
should I purchase the brakes in question?  Online, catalog, or the ONLY BMW
dealer in town?  And finally, in the suggestioned received someone mentioned
pad sensors.  Where are they?  What are they?  Do the affect the section
light on my dash that says "brake" that I have not seen light since I have
owned the car?

Thanks

Brett
bdurante@domain.elided