Camaro SS vs. 95 M3

Paul Frederick wrote:
> I got smoked by a Camaro SS from a stand still
> at a red light...
> If I understand correctly the regular upgrades ...
> does nothing to improve your take off from a
> stand still you only start to feel the improvement
> in the upper gears.

Or maybe the upper revs.  You'll never out-grunt
a Chebby short block.  A stoplight is his territory,
but it's likely all he can do.

> Can anyone out there tell me if there is anything
> I can do to improve this part of my car's performance,
> besides the $$$$ upgrades of getting a supercharger
> or turbo?

Instead, why not improve your performance in the areas
where BMWs already shine?  Go to some driving schools
on a road track and learn technique, smoothness, the
line, good stuff like that.  Sure, any Chebby driver
can upshift - but can he downshift without spinning
off the curve in TTO?

> I determined to make sure this does not happen again,
> at least not by a Chevy.

Next time you duel, make sure you get to choose the weapon.
Lead him into the twisties :-)
- --
Bob Sutterfield
'87 E30 325iS