Camaro SS vs. 95 M3

  I must say I'm very disappointed and embarassed. This weekend I got smoked
by a Camaro SS (in my all so powerful Dinan chipped95 m3) from a stand still
at a red light(made me look like I was in reverse). Luckiliy I had none of
my friends in the car with me. I have defenitely got to get some mods to
ensure there is not a repeat performance.
  If I understand correctly the regular upgrades (chip, intake, maf sensor)
does nothing to improve your take off from a stand still you only start to
feel the improvement in the upper gears. Can anyone out there tell me if
there is anything I can do to improve this part of my car's performance,
besides the $$$$ upgrades of getting a supercharger or turbo? I determined
to make sure this does not happen again, at least not by a Chevy.

TIA
Paul Eagerly Awaiting a rematch