Camaro SS vs 95 M3

Why is it so embarrassing getting beat??  Unless you are spending big,
big, bucks the SS is gonna dust you and almost everyone else.  What is
so embarrassing about getting beat by a car that has one more gear than
you and almost 100hp?  Plus being rumored to be underrated in its
horsepower?  (Recently dyno tests have pegged the SS at almost 300hp at
the rear wheels when the factory states hp at the flywheel is only like
327?)  I have a friend here in town with an SS that has almost $6,000.
in mods already, not including cosmetic work.  We are guessing with a
4.10 gear he is pushing right at 600hp at the flywheel.   That is alot
of power for 6 grand and a very beautiful sight when he hooks up.

Low dollar mods to help would of course include new gears for yours.
(You also don't know what he has done to the SS!!  Dollar for dollar
spent, his parts will increase his power more than yours)  I think you
are being to hard on your car, I mean come on, his engine size is almost
double yours!  You are not going to beat him unless you spend big bucks
or he misses a gear or (after all it is a Chevy) it breaks down.

(Former Chevy owner and builder---owned 10+ F body platform GM cars from
the 2.8 V6 to the big block 400) now a BMW convert and saving for the
new M3 or if I can't stand the wait any longer a M Roadster--currently
own 97 328iS with 5,000. miles.