FS: European Intermittent Wiper Control Module

For sale:  Intermittent Wiper Control Module for E36 3 Series.

Your US spec 3-Series does not allow you to set the wiper interval
(even though your manual says it does)!  The Europeans can!  You
can too if you install the european wiper control module.  Basically,
you can set the wiper interval anywhere from once every 2 seconds
(I think) up to 25 seconds.  To set it, you go for a single swipe of
the wipers.  A timer is set.  If you do another single swipe of the
wipers in less than 25 seconds, the intermittent wipers are set and
will continue to wipe at the same interval until you turn the car off or
you give it another single swipe and do not do another swipe for 25
seconds.  In practice, this design is VERY slick and natural.  What
a perfect design!  In terms of egronomics, this design is right up
there with the doors unlocking on the first pull of the handle and
opening on the second.

So, I have one module which was meant for my 98 328i.  Sadly, I
no longer have the matching car!  :(  This should fit all E36 3 Series
manufactured after 9/95.

This was from the group purchase that Stephen Lafredo so
graciously put together last summer.

The part # is 61 35 8 369 474.  The part is brand new.  The box
hasn't even been opened (still sealed with the BMW part # label
unbroken).

You can view an installation procedure at:

http://www.unofficialbmw.com/e36/interior/e36_euro_wiper_control_module.html

I'm told it should take about an hour and is easy.  It should require
removing only 8 screws and 1 bolt.  As long as you're in there, you
may want to replace the pollen filter also.

I think the price from the dealer will be $70-$80.  I'll sell it for the
same price as the group purchase got of $45 + S&H.

Payment:  paypal is preferred but could also accept a check.

Contact me at bostenson@domain.elided if you're interested since I
no longer actively read this digest.
Bryce Ostenson
ADV Document Systems, INC.