RE: 318 - 400HP!

Jeff,

I'm not sure about the exact details, however this is what i know about the
F1 engine:
The E30 M3 engine was equipped with a KKK Turbo charger with a boost
pressure of 2.9 Bars and a special outlet manifold. I'm sure other things
where changed aswell (pistons, bearings, camshafts, trottle body etc.). The
output power was 1280+ Hp's (the test bench max was 1280 HP's...). For use
in the Brabham BMW F1, the engine volume was lovered to 1.5 litre due to F1
regulations. The output power of this engine was approx. 800 Hp's. As far as
I remember, the engine ran at 11000 rpm's!
The F1 engine was designed by a guy named Paul Rosche, also known as
"Camshaft Paul"...
However, a more "down to earth" solution to your engine upgrade, could be
the Downing Atlanta supercharger, which is specially designed to the
318iS/ti/Z3 engine. Look at:
http://www.downingatlanta.com/da_superchargers_info_new.htm

Best regards,
Thomas Petersen,
318iS Coupe - Supercharged to 205 HP's (with a touch of F1 :-) )