Insurance Companies - Chubb

Some things I like about it are:

- - -Set value of your car for the year, if it is stolen or totalled, you
get that much. This can include tax and purchase fees and everything.
So if it's stolen or totalled in the first year, it's entirely
covered. After that, they send you a quote each year of the value
they think it is, but you can call and adjust that value.

- - -No deductable if your car is stolen or totalled. No deductable for
replacing stolen or accidentally deployed airbags. No deductable for
replacing the locks or fixing chips/cracks in the windshield.

- - -They have total loss coverage for accidents. Where my state farm
policy covers $100,000/$300,000 which is something like max of
$100,000 per claim, $300,000 total. (I'm not exactly sure, correct me
if I'm wrong) Chubb just provides $300,000 to be split as needed.

- - -Similarly, my state farm policy gives me like $20/day to rent a car
if mine is in an accident. But depending where you are, car's aren't
that cheap to rent. Chubb provides up to $1,500 to rent any car you
want, for as long as you need it while yours is being repaired. If
you're 50+ miles away from home, that money can also go toward hotel,
food, and phone calls.

Your State Farm policy can vary by state, but I will  attempt to
address some of your  questions ...

1) Your SF policy liability  limits are probably 100/300/100
    You  have a maximum of   300,000 in bodily injury coverage
   (but only as much as 100,000 can be paid out to any one individual)
   and 100,000 in property  damage, for a total of 400,000 per claim.
   This is more coverage than Chubb although it cannot be assigned
   in the manner you described as "total loss coverage".

2) You can elect to have  a zero deductible comprehensive
 coverage (as well as collision) with State Farm. You can check
  with your agent to see how much this would affect your premiums
  with respect to your current coverages.  Comprehensive losses
  would include theft/glass breakage/vandalism/fire/flood/wind
  damages and striking an animal.

3) State Farm  does not have a declared value policy on cars
   other than classic cars and extremely rare cars..

4) Regarding rental coverage you will need to check with your
   agent, however there are options which can pay more than
   $20 per day...  Ask about R2 coverage and other rental
  options..  The maximum in your state I believe is $500.

5) There is a provision in your policy which would provide for
    up to $400 in travel expenses should your vehicle be stolen while
   you are away from home.

In sum, before you change companies, forward your email
to your agent so that he/she can advise you of all the positives and
negatives in coverage between SF and Chubb..

Mark Williams
Dallas, TX
91 ///M3
State Farm claim rep

PS.. regarding your post on radar detectors.....
SF will not cover your radar detector if stolen or damaged in an accident..
I have owned a  Whistler 2SE, Bel 754StiP and now own the Valentine
over the last 10 years. The Valentine is FAR superior to all other radar
detectors.. Most often (whether insurance or radar detectors) you will
find that you get what you pay for!  Good Luck!