Re: Bilstein Warranty problems

     Ron;
        Every major company's shock or spring warranty requires that you
purchase the replacement,and they will then refund the cost as soon as they
have the old part tested,which usually takes 2 to 4 weeks,depending on who
and what is needed.In 98% of the cases I've known,any defective or even worn
out part has been credited.
         I had the dubious distinction of wearing out all four Eibach
springs on my tricked out E28 535i,doing it running flat fuc*ing sideways
for three years on racetracks.Eibach to that date had never had the front
springs on an E28 give up,and were highly suspicious,but after I purchased a
second set and they were tested,I received cost plus shipping back from
them.No arguement.
          If you use the company you bought the shocks from as an
intermediary,you may escape with less aggravation.There is a very good
chance Bilstein will warranty the shock IF they are sent it first,and
preferably by your supplier,not yourself,so that it may be tested.
          If you wish to "borrow" a temporary replacement,there should be
someone on the digest that may have one.My suggestion is buy the new part
and install it,as I feel you have a very good chance of a full refund if the
shock is sent by your supplier,not yourself.

                                o/______\o "RA"/Bob G.
                                (Oo=00=oO)