1995 740i - dent man got the huge door ding out!

Well, the continuing saga - I finally took my 95 740i with the mega door
ding to my body shop 3 days ago.  The dent man met me there and proceeded to
work on the dent in the most unusual way... from inside the door panel with
these unusual instruments. This surgeon, eh uhr, dent fellow ended up
popping back the dent and then smoothing it out from the underside of the
door panel in the most delicate way - he even used a lightweight plastic
"hammer" on the outside body!  Ya just gotta see it to believe it.  If you
have a bad door ding, I highly suggest trying these guys.   He said he's
been doing it for 17 years!!!  He got the dent out completely, though the
clearcoat had been violated and looked a bit broken (from the original
crime, not the dent guy's work).  I was shocked when going to pay for the
dent removal, which took about 15 minutes... the owner had told the
receptionist at International Motors in Bethesda Md to not charge me!!!  I
guess because I was a repeat customer (had my 96 Maxima fixed there twice -
when I had it- after 2 bad rear end collisions).  They said it would run
$160 or so to repaint the door where the clearcoat was injured from the door
ding, and that it probably wouldn't be worth the expense, as it looked
decent enough the way it was.  Thank you to you digest readers for
recommending these dent guys.  The cost would only have run $50-60 if he HAD
charged me, definitely not too much to have that unsightly dent/door ding
removed.  It was the first thing I used to notice when seeing the car, and
now it's .... gone!!!  Yahoo.  Three cheers for these dent magicians.
95 740i dent be gone, looking good again
95 540i hers - original motor - VERY nervous about that!
88 911 never gets or looks dirty!

End of bmw-digest V9 #1509