Bilstein Warranty problems

<snip>     --------------------------------------------------
I did have my dealer check out mounts and was told that they are fine.  They
firmly believe that the shock has gone bad.  In my conversation with
Bilstein, I spoke to the warranty representative, a gentleman by the name of
Raul, he states that any suspension mods will void my warranty.  The darn
Bilsteins Sports themselves are a mod!  How can he validate this?  I have no
idea, but his word is final and I'm just going to take my money to Koni or
I'll just blow the money on coil-overs all around.

How can I check the rear mounts for damage?  I'm not sure what I'm looking
for.  The car has about 50,000 miles now and what ever I do is no longer
limited by warranty.
<snip>

        HEY GUYS!
              Would anyone care to comment on the above post? Has anyone
recently needed to use Bilstein Warranty? What were the results?
               I'm concerned that maybe we're back to the bad old days.In
the 2002 era,enough Bilsteins went bad to cause comment,and most BMWCCA
members were given excuses,rarely any warranty help.Even when Bilstein DID
fix things,they took so long cars could be off road for 2 months.I and many
others switched and stayed with Koni,only changing back when Koni's
production site changed from Holland,and caused quality control problems for
a few years.
               In recent years,I have recommended Koni's for the older cars
with less suspension travel,as they seem to ride far better,and the
adjustable factor is more useful.I went back to recommending Bilsteins for
the E34,E36,etc.newer cars that had enough travel to easily put the
Bilsteins to better use,and my own E34 has the first set I've bought in
close to 20 years.I've been more than happy with them,but suddenly find
myself wondering again.
                If indeed Bilstein's policy is to void Warranty with "any"
suspension mods,then 90% of us will have NO warranty period.Perhaps Ron's
particular car had some dratic change,but that's not what the post seems to
say.I'd love to see some comments on this subject.

                                o/______\o "RA"/Bob G.
                                (Oo=00=oO)