Re: WOB - UK vs US prices

It's all those "Special Interest" wars we send our troops to.  ;-)

Thanks,
Al Delacruz

                                                                       =
                                =20
                    "."                                                =
                                =20
                    <scm1@surfree        To:     <bmw-digest@domain.elided=
>                               =20
                    .co.uk>              cc:                           =
                                =20
                    Sent by:             Subject:     WOB - UK vs US pr=
ices                            =20
                    owner-bmw@dig                                      =
                                =20
                    est.net                                            =
                                =20
                                                                       =
                                =20
                                                                       =
                                =20
                    06/27/00                                           =
                                =20
                    01:38 PM                                           =
                                =20
                    Please                                             =
                                =20
                    respond to                                         =
                                =20
                    "."                                                =
                                =20
                                                                       =
                                =20
                                                                       =
                                =20

In a recent message to the list i noticed this statement which tweaked =
my
interest:

>For Mobile 1, check your local Wal-Mart.
>Not so long ago they used to sell 5-quart Mobile 1 jugs for under $15
>(instead of the usual $4+/quart).

Wow! In the UK we pay ~=A330 for 4ltrs which at todays exchange rate wo=
rks
out at
around 43.65USd. If I could get Mobil 1 for =A310.30 I would be changin=
g it
every two
weeks!!! Why is everything in the UK so damn expensive? Petrol is now =A3=
0.87
per litre
here which equates to approx 4.79UDd per US gallon! I think I will move=
the

Sean
96 328i Coupe Sport

=