RE: bmw-digest V9 #1506

AHSprite78@domain.elided wrote:

> I just purchased a 96 328is.  I won't go on and on about it
> don't worrry, but I do have a few questions.

Congratulations on the your new toy!

> I've read a lot about sythetics and how they work much better
> and last longer than regular old oil.  So.... I was thinking
> about switching over to synthetic oil in the motor, transmission
> and differential.

good idea.
MTL in manual transmission will surprise you by how much smoother gear
engagement will become. Particularly in cold weather.

Read more at:

> I know of Mobil 1 and Red Line, is there anyone else I should
> consider?  Which is the best?

> Any where else I should consider putting synthetics?

I think you have run out of oil crevasses ;-)

> Where's the cheapest or best place to buy the oil?

This depends on what you are shopping for. For redline (and other
useful/exotic bimmer supplies), try one of the following:
http://www.ultimategarage.com/