RE: <E30> R134 conversion

Chris,
Sorry for the late reply.  Vacation you know!!

I doubt there will be and requirement to switch over to R-134a in the future
from the EPA.
Below is a hotline number for the EPA.
The URL for A/C regulations is:
http://www.epa.gov/ozone/title6/609/

For more information on vehicle air conditioning retrofits, CFCs, or the
ozone layer, contact
EPA's Stratospheric Protection Hotline at 800 296-1996. You can also read an
EPA
brochure titled "It's Your Choice: Retrofitting Your Car's A/C System"
 (EPA430-F-97-052).

I have read just about all the regulations and I have yet to read any future
restriction on the continued use of R-12.  There are loads of procedures
that must be followed but no restriction on the use of R-12 in vehicles that
use it.

For my self, I will stick with R-12 because the problems of converting in
many situations will make the A/C less efficient and more prone to leak
Freon.

Freon should be recovered from your car(unless it has leaked out) and you
can reuse it to offset the total cost of the recharge of R-12.

Rod...