10 spoke wheels

I beleive I have ruined my perfectly polished 10 spoke 17 inch wheels for my
'95 M3. I have had this car a few months now and after a number of car
washes and wheel cleaners claiming to be "safe on all wheel surfaces" my
wheels no longer have that smooth shine. They look dull and I can see where
the finish was scrubbed off (aaargh!). Is there anyone out there who can
help on how I can restore them to how they were without having to send them
to get refinished. I thought I read somewhere on the internet of a product
that can restore wheels that are in this stage.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I was also wondering do these same style wheels come in 18 inch. I love this
style wheel and would like to eventually put 18's on my M3.

Thanks in advance
Paul
BMWCCA 186412