[none]

I am the owner of '95 Avus blue M3. I have just recently noticed two chips
in my hood both the size of the tip of a pencil(one of them is slightly
bigger). They are more like gorges because i can see all the way down to the
bare metal. Curiously there is no indentation surrounding these chips which
leaves me guessing as to how they got there. Is this something I can repair?
Am i causing more damage when I keep washing my car and letting water get to
the underlying metal?

Any help would be appreciated. I think I read somewhere on the web that on
small chips like these you can use something like fingernail polish to seal
the marks (i don't think so). I am also wondering if something like would be
covered by car insurance.

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA
Paul